- Darlene Bates, Health Services Supervisor
- Dr. Aysha Ilyas, Health Services Coordinator
- Dorene Leckey, Senior Nutrition Services Specialist
- Jim Prentice, Nutrition Services Specialist
- LaWanda Grantlin, Health Services Coordinator
- Suzette DeCastro, Nutrition Coordinator
- Nikole Harrell, Health Services Coordinator
- Sabina Thomas, Early Head Start Nurse Consultant
- Cynthia Massiah-Neverson, Head Start/Early Head Start Expansion Nurse Consultant
The Health Service area emphasizes the importance of early identification of health problems. Head Start provides every child with a comprehensive health care program, including medical, dental, nutritional and mental health services.
Health & Safety
Children receive a complete examination, including vision and hearing screening, identification of conditions (which may include a disability), immunizations and a dental exam. Follow-up treatment is provided for identified health problems.
Nutrition & Food Services
The emphasis of nutrition in the Head Start program is to improve all aspects of the child’s growth and development and to identify and address nutritional problem areas and needs. Children are served a nutritional breakfast, lunch and snack, providing them with one-half to two-thirds of their daily nutritional needs. A nutritionist supervises the nutritional activities of each Head Start center and works with families on selecting health foods and preparing well-balanced meals.