Please Note: You must be honorably discharged to qualify for these additional exemptions.
In order for you to qualify for the following additional exemptions, you must have a homestead exemption on your property.
Veterans 65 or Older Combat Related Disability Discount:: Disabled veterans, age 65 or older, who are partially or totally and permanently disabled, have a disability that was combat-related and have been honorably discharged upon separation from military service. Click here for the application.
Veterans Disability Exemption: Veterans with a total and permanent disability that was service-connected may be eligible for total exemption of property taxes. Veterans with a service-connected disability of 10 percent or more may be eligible for an additional $5,000 exemption.
- Veterans with a total and permanent disability that was service-connected may be eligible for total exemption of ad valorem taxes. Please submit a VAFL 27-333 form letter from the Veterans Administration or the 27/e Benefits Letter.
- Veterans with a service-connected disability of 10% or more may be eligible for an additional $5,000 exemption. Please submit a VAFL 27-125 form letter from the Veterans Administration or the 27/e Benefits Letter.
- Veterans with a non-service connected disability may be eligible for an additional $500 exemption. Please submit a VAFL 27-444 form letter from the Veterans Administration or a Florida Physician’s Certification of Disability form.
- The Surviving spouse of deceased veteran, who was a resident of Florida as of January 1, who qualified for a disabled veteran exemption;
- The Surviving spouse of a deceased veteran who died in the line of duty (No Florida Residency Required);
- The surviving spouse of a military veteran who died from service-connected causes while on active duty (No Florida Residency Required).
Active Duty Military Exemption: Service members of any branch of the U.S. Military, U.S. Coast Guard and Florida National Guard who were deployed during the preceding calendar year on active duty outside the continental United States, Alaska, or Hawaii in support of Operation Enduring Freedom, which began Oct. 7, 2001, or Operation New Dawn, which began Sept. 1, 2010. Application must be submitted for each year of deployment. Click here for the application.
The amount of the exemption is equal to the taxable value of the homestead of the service member on January 1 of the year the exemption is sought, multiplied by the number of days that the service member was on a qualified deployment in the preceding calendar year and divided by the number of days in that year. We will do the math for you. Call us at 561.355.2866.
For more information, visit the local Veterans Service Office in West Palm Beach at
810 Datura St., Suite 350, call 561.355.4794, or visit to their website: