(In photo left to right: Palm Beach County Property Appraiser Dorothy Jacks CFA, AAS, Gabriela Carrazana, Samir Ahmed, Jaciah Rashid, Chase Correia, Sonia Z. Rivera, & Marco Peric)
06.03.19 - West Palm Beach, FL – The Palm Beach County Property Appraiser’s Office recently held its 26th annual College Scholarship Awards ceremony and awarded six outstanding high school seniors (from Palm Beach County) with college scholarships in the amount of $1,500 each:
- Samir Ahmed of Boynton Beach Community High School, will be attending Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University.
- Gabriela Carrazana of John I. Leonard High School, will be attending the University of Florida.
- Chase Correia of Atlantic Community High School , will be attending Northwestern University.
- Marco Peric of Palm Beach Central High School , will be attending the University of Central Florida Honors College.
- Jaciah Rashid of Santaluces High School, will be attending the University of Florida.
- Sonia Z. Rivera of the Dreyfoos School of the Arts, will be attending the University of Florida.
“Congratulations to all of our scholarship recipients,” said Property Appraiser Dorothy Jacks, CFA, AAS. “They are truly exceptional and I wish them much success in their future educational and career goals,” Jacks said.
Since 1994, the PAO has awarded nearly $140,000 in college scholarships. The event is particularly special to the PAO, because the money raised for the scholarships is 100% funded by the employees who participate in, “Friday Dress Casual Day”, a volunteer donation program.
For the 2019 scholarship program, more than 90 eligible applications were received and reviewed by our volunteer employee committee. These six high-achieving, exceptional students demonstrated excellence in academic ability, persistence, leadership, and service to others.